20. there is no talking to complete strangers on the plane or reading InStyle or taking a breath; it is pure sister catch-up conversation. there will be no sleeping on the plane either. or on the entire trip; so get used to it. like they say, if you snooze you lose out on seriously good girl talk.
19. when you arrive and Delta loses your sister's luggage, you will totally have her back and claim to be the fighting luggage ninja. you'll be a bull in the baggage claim. and then you'll share your socks and deo with her when her bag doesn't arrive in the guaranteed 24 hours, 36 hours or 48 hours. your mama will cheer her up and tell her it's a sign that she needs a whole new wardrobe. more reason to spend in nyc; right?!
18. you'll reunite over a polka dot dinner party and laugh your head off at the chorus line preview production put on by the hostess with the mostest.
17. you'll all say you'll wake up at the crack of dawn. but you won't. you'll be told you take really long showers. and that you way over-packed. and that you desperately need some new cute maternity clothes; you'll be told to embrace the panel. you'll be shocked at all the horror stories of birthing a babe into the world. you'll be told all of the bads and then your sistas will attempt to claim there are some goods. (and the only way you believe them is because they can't stop talking about their li'l ones the whole time.) if sisters can't tell you the truth, who can?
16. you'll laugh and chat and remember funny memories and remember how you just click back into the old ways of your youth. you'll swap your olds for something new. one sister's trash is another's new gem. am loving my new eyeshadow.
15. you will run to catch the plane, the train, the cab, the train and then the plane. but you'll be doing it together; so it'll be a whole lot more dramatic and hilarious.
14. you'll arrive in nyc with smiles on your faces. up for anything; you strut your stuff with your beauties by your sides. shopping excursions on the horizon. and h&m is all the more merrier with your sister in the next dressing room; urging you to get this and that and then some more. because heck h&m mama has your name written all over it. you'll have someone to ask, okay so how much bigger am i gonna get? and they'll tell you; you're only half way there, hon. like they say buy the clothes and embrace maternity.
13. you'll have someone (yours truly) to tempt you to snack on devilish desserts all over town and everyone must have a fork in hand. you'll constantly be telling them, well someone on my blog told me this place was amazing... over and over again.
12. you'll have someone to save your spot and shove your shopping bags under the seat for you. and someone to pass the junior mints to during the show. you'll have someone to whisper to and know you both were thinking the exact same thing. you'll have someone to celebrate with when a broadway star actually speaks to you.
11. you won't mind smushing into cabs together and telling the taxi driver the address to your hotel and then you'll whisper; that's the right address, right?! and then she'll laugh at you and realize you haven't changed one bit since you were twelve. (i'm somewhat of a miss-know-it-all even when i don't-know-it-all.)
10. you'll have someone to do a fashion show for, to notice your green eyeliner and go on and on about all the endearing things about them. and someone to talk you out of silly purchases. and someone to talk you into going into another h&m. and someone to discuss which salt and pepper shaker set you should buy and why this colorful polka dot table runner is better than all the rest. and someone to share a plateful of to-die-for sweet potato fries with maple dipping sauce. and someone else to memorize the taste so we can recreate the recipe at home.
09. there will be a plethora of estrogen and happiness and empty wallets and full bellies and discussions of motherhood and hollywood gossip and why we so need to do this again. because sistas, there really wasn't enough time to do all the fabulous things that my bloggies told me to do.
08. when one sista buys a cheap blue pashmina, all must chime in and decide they want one too. when one sista can't find a mirror in the store but wonders what the sweatshirt looks like on her; the other will pull it on and say, it looks like this. and you'll buy everything your sister is getting because she looks so darn cute in everything. and you'll laugh your head off when you're holding way too many things in the store because you no longer know what size you are so you must get one in every size and can no longer reach the rack of clothes because of the crazy amount you have in your arms to try on already. your back aches and your feet hurt; but you musn't stop. you must keep shopping. you're in new york city for heaven's sakes.
07. you'll have someone to share a new york cupcake with. and a good reason why you need to get every flavor; so there is enough to go around. when one of you finds a good book; you'll all want a copy too. this goes for a snapping a good snapshot too.
06. because your sistas are your favorite company. when they are happy, you are too. and we all talk about how rad our husbands are. and we all agree we are soo lucky. and even though j. lo's nursery is amazing and she looks amazing and her twin babies are beautiful, we wouldn't rather be her. we tell each other how life is soo good, as is.
05. your sistas will believe you when you tell them all about the hidden gem of a burger joint that is supposedly the best burger in north america. you tell them you've read all the magazine reviews and they follow you there with hungry anticipation. once we see the long line to get in; they don't even mind waiting. so much for a hidden gem. i guess everyone has read the reviews too. but it was one heckuva good burger; right ladies?!
04. your sistas will tell you why it is important to eat fiber, why it is so much fun to raise a boy, which protein bars are best, why it's essential to give your baby a schedule and all their mothering secrets. they will share their favorite book lists and tell you which blogs are their faves and they will always leave the last bite for the pregnant sista. (they will all be in the midst of getting their hot bods back while i'm letting mine go, for the time being.)
03. you'll all sing the same tunes, walk the same strides, eat the same treats, laugh at the same things, carry each other's luggage, and love the same shops. you are one in the same.
02. because you'll be able to talk about this trip for a lifetime. and the stories of lost luggage, crazy cab drivers, cancelled credit cards, mammothly gigantic carnegie deli sandwiches, the cute cupcake cafe and bookshop, the caramel topped cheesecake, almost missing our flights of fury, and the size of the heap of clothes in our dressing rooms will only get bigger and better every time we tell the tales.
01. sharing a bite of the big apple with someone/sistas you love is unbelievably fun.